Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Rubric Challenge 2013 : The Interpretive Mode

Good evening!

Since it's late and my internal clock is trying to adapt to the schedule changes that have occurred in the past couple of weeks, I'm going to keep this post short and to the point.

Last year, I began using proficiency-based rubrics that I acquired from Toni Theisen who graciously shares all of her ideas and work with world language educators. Merci MILLE fois! She shared rubrics for the interpersonal and presentational modes of communication as those were the ones that she finished with her colleagues over the summer. I began using those rubrics for all tasks in those categories upon our return to school last August. As I reflect on the 2012-13 academic year, I feel that I'm better assessing students on what they can do rather than what they can't, so I plan to continue down that road with the latest focus being on better assessment of interpretive tasks.

For the past few weeks, I've been actively working on a rubric for the interpretive mode and have sought feedback along the way. On my wiki homepage, you will see the first draft along with the most recent revisions. The first four categories were inspired by interpretive rubrics that a colleague in a local district shared with me. The fifth one was my creation and it seemed to be well-received by those who reviewed the first draft. After more brainstorming, reviewing ACTFL's guidelines, and reviewing some of Laura Terrill's presentations (By the way, she is AMAZING!), I came up with the newest category, "Making Inferences."

Will you kindly have a look at the second draft and provide me with some feedback?

Direct link to my wiki homepage:  http://cristyvogel.wikispaces.com/

Thank you in advance.

EDIT:  As of 8/27/13, there are all new drafts of the rubrics for the interpretive mode. Please see my next post. Also, my Wikispaces addressed changed to my first and last name as listed above. Please take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment